Mold, aggravated allergies and other negative effects due to a wrong level of indoor humidity

The most immediate effect of high indoor humidity is personal discomfort.

Mold is one possible effect of excess indoor humidity.

High humidity inside your home can have effects on your health. Too much humidity inside your home increases the development of fungus, mold and other bacteria related allergens. Mold and mildew for example can influence existing respiratory problems, cause musty air and can quickly spread around vents and behind walls if no measures are taken. Dust mites are also a problem which can occur at high humidity levels inside your home. They can be an enemy to individuals suffering from asthma and other allergies.

Mold appears in humid spaces at home and can affect your well-being.

Excess humidity also affects muscles and joints. When humidity is high, your ligaments, muscles and tendons tend to expand and affect existing back pain and arthritis.

Mold, mildew and other bacteria spreading around your home are definitely unwelcome and can be an explanation of your discomfort. A more proactive approach for healthy air inside your home is to keep your indoor humidity level between the recommended ranges of 50 to 60% percent. A humidity absorber can help you achieve the right humidity level. These devices will help you remove the excess of moist to avoid the damages caused to your home and your well-being and can help you achieve a healthy climate at home.

Mold: the dark side of humidity

Serious effects of mold and how you can get rid of it.

Read more

4 typical signs of humidity problems; black mold is only one of them.

Find out if there are humidity problems in your house through its typical signs.

Read more